Tuesday, August 06, 2013
XIII International Cartoon Contest "Independence" Association of Cartoonists, Kiev, Ukraine
Political games have a lot in common with chess - one of the oldest and most popular games on the planet. Quite a few of the terms of this game become a part of our life and have come to designate events and situations that, at first glance, are not related to chess. One of these expressions is "The Knight's move".
All manners of intrigues to protect their economic interests, lobbying, promotion to higher positions, the manipulation of public opinion, unfair methods of election campaigns, backroom agreements, corruption schemes and other multipass combinations in political games ...
The winner is the one who will make "the knight's move", who will take into account all the possible actions of the opponent and choose a plan that leads this person to victory. Unfortunately, these combinations are not always legitimate and honest.
Our contest is about the game of political chess. The field of this game are our countries and continents, and the figures are all of us. What is a game? Who are the players? What are the rules and techniques of the game? What drives this game: ambitions, passion, greed or lust for victory? What is the result of this game and does it have the winners?...
1. Contest theme: "The Knight’s move".
2. Are accepted:
- the originals
- high-quality copies (on thick paper!)
- works done by a computer.
Works on electronic media and e-mail are not accepted!
3. Format: A4 (297h 210mm.).
4. Number of works is unlimited.
5. On the back of each work it is necessary to specify: name and surname, address, phone number, e-mail.
6. The deadline for submission of works: September 20, 2013
7. Along with the work required to send a fully completed application form with a photograph.
8. The prize fund: $ 1,200
9. Organizers are not responsible for damages incurred during the shipment. The submitted works are not reviewed, are not refundable and can be used by the organizers for promotional purposes in the publications associated with the Cartoon Contest "
10. Winners will be informed separately. According to the results of the contest it will be published a catalog, which will be sent to all the artists whose works will be included in this catalog. The exhibition of the best works and the awards ceremony will take place in
11. The results of the contest will be published on the website: www.cartoon.org.ua.
12. The jury's decision is final and cannot be revised. Participation in the contest means that all applicants accept these terms.
13. The works sent to the address: