Sunday, July 14, 2013
"Humour a Gallarate"International Cartoon ContestGrand Prix 'Marco Biassoni'December 1st – January 6th , 2014
The 19th edition of the International Cartoon Contest is organized by the “Pro Loco” of Gallarate for cultural purposes, to attest the worthy creative contents of thought and the humoristic graphic art which contribute in no mean way to the development of attentive, innovative, pluralistic and open-minded social relationship. The 2013 personal show will be organized in honor of Yuriy Kosobukin, master of graphic art.
In collaboration with: "MAGA" Museum Art Gallarate, FanoFunny Festival for the International section, the region of Lombardy, Land of Tourism, the Varese communitary ONLUS Foundation, Lions Club Insubria, Province of Varese, Gallarate town Council, Humourist National Association, Gallaratese Cultural Club, “Panizzi” Library System.
1) The contest is open to all professional cartoonists, caricaturists, illustrators and graphic artists from all over the world. The contest is articulated in 3 sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) .
2) Theme: DEVIL. Hell, devilries and what lies around sins and graphic spites.
Sections: A) Graphics/Cartoon | B) Satire | C) Caricature (Devils in the political world and those belonging to Human Comedy).
It’s possible to participate in all the sections.
3) Entries: max. 3 works. The works must be original and accompanied by the author's photo or caricature, entry form and biography. Each work should bear the signature or mark of the author and name, surname, address, phone number and other data on the back.
The authors have to indicate the section for each work.
4) Size: A4 (21 x 29,7 cm)
5) Technique: Free. Common graphic and digital prints will be accepted but only if signed by the author. Copies of ink and pencil drawings are not applicable. The works sent in digital form, by email or informatic devices, will not be considered for the awarding of prizes of The Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni"; the works will be taken into consideration only for the exhibition and for the catalogue.
6) Deadline: October 28th, 2013 (the post-mark will be proof).
7) Prizes: the Jury will award the following prizes:
Grand Prix "Marco Biassoni" for the best work among all the sections (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) - 1.000 € + diploma
1st Prize for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) – 500 € + diploma
Special Prize of Jury – Diploma for each section
5 Special Mentions for each section (Graphics/Cartoon, Satire, Caricature) – diploma
Special Prize Osvaldo Cavandoli "Cava" (creator of the famous character “La Linea”) for the best work of all sections, that combines humoristic beauty with the essentiality of graphic execution - 500 € + diploma
8) Exhibition: December 1 – January 6, 2014 at the Minoletti building situated in Garibaldi Square (Gallarate).
Opening ceremony: Saturday 30 November 2013, at 11:00 AM
All authors who will attend the opening ceremony are invited to a rustic lunch.
9) Catalogue: each selected author will receive a copy
10) Property: the Organizers reserve the rights to reproduce the cartoons in catalogue, newspapers, or posters to promote the Contest and to exhibit a selection of works in other locations in Italy and other countries. None of works will be returned but will be included in the "Humour Gallarate Collection".
By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest and the decisions of the Jury.
The works should be sent to:
Pro Loco Gallarate
Vicolo del Gambero n. 10
21013 Gallarate (VA)
For further information
email@example.com | www.prolocogallarate.it