Wednesday, November 04, 2009
1st INTERNATIONAL CARICATURE CONTEST - Indian Institute of Cartoons
SHRI V.R. DESHPANDE MEMORIAL TRUST®
Regd. Office: Nilay, No.372, R.T.Nagar main road, Bangalore – 560 032.
Prizes worth Rs. 3,50,000/-
Deadline : November 15, 2009
MANMOHAN SINGH SONIA GANDHI
CARICATURE CONTEST CARICATURE CONTEST
1st Prize : Rs. 1,00,000/- 1st Prize : Rs. 1,00,000/-
2nd Prize : Rs. 50,000/- 2nd Prize : Rs. 50,000/-
3rd Prize : Rs. 10,000/- 3rd Prize : Rs. 10,000/-
3 Consolation Prizes of 3 Consolation Prizes of
Rs. 5,000/- Rs. 5,000/-
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF CARTOONISTS
No. 1 Midford House Midford Garden
Off M.G. Road Bangalore – 560 001. INDIA
Ph: (080) 41758540, 25595252, 25559819
Fax: (080) 25559998 Mobile : 9980091428
The objective of the contest is to encourage budding cartoonists and to promote the ART OF CARICATURE in the country.
The Jury includes Justice M.N. Venkatachalaiah, Former Chief Justice of India; Dr. U.R. Ananthamurthy, Jnanapitha Awardee; Mr. V.G. Andani, Eminent Artist; Mr. Keshav, well known Cartoonist. The jury will use criteria such as creativity, humour, visual communication, presentation to select best caricatures for the Prizes. The decision of the Jury is Final.
PRIZE DISTRIBUTION CEREMONY
Prize distribution ceremony will be organised in the month of January 2010 in Bangalore. All prize-winning candidates will be presented a certificate along with the cash prize. They will also be invited to Bangalore to receive the prizes. An exhibition of prize winning and selected caricatures will be organised at the cartoon gallery. We have plans to take the same exhibition to New Delhi, Mumbai and other major cities of India in the coming months.
R u l e s & r e g u l a t I o n s
· The contest is open to all professional and amateur cartoonists. Participants can send a maximum of two caricatures of Manmohan Singh & Sonia Gandhi in A4 size, in black & white or colour.
· Each entry should include a covering letter with the cartoonists Full Name, Postal Address, Contact Numbers and E-mail ID.
· By entering the contest, the cartoonist represents and warrants that the work is an original work of authorship of the cartoonist and does not infringe the rights of any third parties.
· Further, the cartoonist provides Indian Institute of Cartoonists a limited royalty-free right and license to publish and publicly display the entries (whether or not winning a prize) for non-commercial purposes such as for publicizing the contest.
· Entries may not be returned to the entrants and may be archived by Indian Institute of Cartoonists for records purposes.
· Participants sending their entries by Email should note the following technical details. Size: 800 (pixels) x 1100 (pixels) with 300 DPI resolution. Image format: JPEG, TIFF or BITMAP. Clr system: RGB.
For clarificarton contact
- B V Panduranga Rao9880124551