Tuesday, November 29, 2016
2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition
2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition is an open competition. The objects of the competition are Cartoon, drawings, graphics and other works of fine arts created by artists.
1. Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature
2. Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists
Both themes are required to submit without limitation of quantities.
WORKS AWARDED IN OTHER COMPETITIONS Can be included in the competition.
1. Maximum A3 (297 x 420 mm). Works should be sent or delivered（original scripts are preferred）by February 25, 2017 (date of the postmark), packed in a protective cover to: Organizing Committee of “Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists” 2017 International Exhibition.
2.Participants can also send electronic edition( JEPG, 300dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards and Prizes
Grand Prix (1) 1500 USD
Gold Medal (2)1000 USD
Silver Medal (4) 800 USD
Bronze Medal (6)600 USD
Special Prize (30) 300 USD
1. Works for the competition will be qualified by the international Jury.
2. The Jury will award the following prizes + Diplomas for each winner.
3. Jury has the right of final distribution of the statutory prizes, change of their amount, or non-awarding them. Jury's decisions are final.
4. The competition results will be announced after the final selection in March, 2017 at web site: www.cmiassn.org.
AWARDS ARE SUBJECT TO TAXATION ACCORDING TO CHINESE TAX REGULATIONS.
1. Participation in the competition is free of charge.
2. Organizers reserve the right to include the submitted works in the Gallery and publishing.
3. The submitted art works would be promoted on the internet and media.
4. Works should be accompanied by their author's photo or caricature, a short biographical note and a filled application form linked on the website & below also (PLEASE USE CAPITALS).Participants' Privileges
1. Authors of work qualified to the exhibition are given a presentation copy of the catalogue.
2. Works sent to the exhibitions will be exhibited in the country and abroad after the main exhibition.
3. Organizers plan to award the author of the best Debut and will organize her/his individual author’s exhibition at Gallery included in 2017 program as well.
4. Participants wish to participate in the exhibition and in the catalog only, they may send a print copy, or by e-mail (JEPG, 300dpi)
1. Organizers reserve the right to use the sent works for advertising purposes without any special fees paid to the authors: to be exhibited and reproduced in a variety of advertising materials, as well as printed and circulated in catalogues.
2. The prize-winning works become the property of the organizers and will be included in the collection of the gallery.
3. The exhibition organizers are the finial judges in interpretation of the regulations.
4. Sending her/his work the artist agrees to the mentioned above rules and regulations and agrees to the publishing of the author's profile in the post-exhibition album.
E-mail address: email@example.com
Mailing address: 2801 Suite, No.7 Building, Tianchang Yuan Media
Village, Beiyuan Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100107 CHINA
Tel: 0086-10- 84827182
Fax: 0086-10- 84827182
(Organizers are not responsible for transport damages.)
1. Deadline for works reception February 25, 2017 (date of the postmark)
2. Final Jury Meeting in April , 2017
3. Exhibition in April,2017
Philosopher Wang Yangming Profile
Wang Yangming is one of the most influential philosophers in the Confucian tradition. He is best known for his theory of the unity of knowledge and action. A capable and principled administrator and military official, he was exiled from 1507 to 1510 in Guizhou, Southwest part of China for his protest against political corruption. It was during this period of exile that he developed his contribution to what has become known as Neo-Confucianism (“Learning of the Way”). With Neo-Confucianism in general, Wang Yangming’s thought can be best understood as an attempt to propose personal morality as the main way to social well-being. Wang’s legacy in Neo-Confucian tradition and Confucian philosophy as a whole is his claim that the fundamental root of social problems lies in the fact that one fails to gain a genuine understanding of one’s self and its relation to the world, and thus fails to live up to what one could be.
In order to memorialize this great Neo-Confucian philosopher and inherit his idea at home and abroad, it is our honor to coordinate the Confucian Academy to hold 2017 Philosopher Wang Yangming Caricature & Ancient China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition & Exhibition after successfully launching 2015 Confucius Caricature & China in the Eyes of Artists International Competition. Most welcome you to submit your caricatures of Philosopher Wang Yangming & Ancient China with thanks.
Lançamento de Paródia Culinária, À Mesa de Bordalo, 3a feira às 18 horas no Museu Rafael Bordalo Pinheiro (Campo Grande - Lisboa)
Na 3a feira, dia 29 vamos apresentar o livro Paródia Culinária, à Mesa de Bordalo.
É um livro de receitas "à moda antiga", ilustrado por desenhos de Bordalo, que são apresentados na exposição Bordalo à Mesa, que pode ver no Museu.
A apresentação vai ser feita por Alexandra Prado Coelho, com Pedro Bebiano Braga (comissário da exposição) e Rita Nobre de Carvalho (designer do livro)
Monday, November 28, 2016
Malaysia: Arrest of famed cartoonist Zunar is an outrage
Malaysia: Arrest of famed cartoonist Zunar is an outrage
“The arrest of Zunar is an outrage. The charge of sedition against him must be dropped immediately and he must be unconditionally released from detention. What we are seeing is the choking of dissent in Malaysia, where repressive laws are being used to silence and punish peaceful voices under the guise of national security,” said Josef Benedict, Amnesty International’s Deputy Director for Southeast Asia and the Pacific.
“Zunar’s arrest comes as Maria Chin Abdullah, the chair of the Bersih movement, unjustifiably remains in solitary confinement. She was arrested under repressive national security laws on 18 November, a day before thousands of activists took to the streets to peacefully demand electoral reforms and an end to corruption. Maria Chin Abdullah and all other prisoners of conscience should be released immediately and unconditionally.”
The famed Malaysian cartoonist Zulkiflee Anwar Unlhaque, better known as Zunar, was arrested on 26 November under Malaysia’s draconian Sedition Act, for cartoons that allegedly offended Prime Minister Najib Razak. He is being taken to court tomorrow, 27 November, for a remand hearing.
Zunar's arrest today under the Sedition Act and Penal Code came after he displayed his artwork for public viewing. For Zunar, it is the latest in a series of assaults on his right to freedom of expression, which have included previous arrests under the Sedition Act and a travel ban.
In 2012, Prime Minister Najib Razak had promised to abolish the Sedition Act, but he reneged on that commitment, and the law has been amended to introduce even harsher punishments.
Amnesty International calls on the Malaysian authorities to repeal the colonial-era sedition laws and release all prisoners of conscience held under them, dropping all charges and expunging any convictions.
Maria Chin Abdullah, the chair of the Bersih movement, was arrested on 18 November, a day before thousands of Malaysians took to the streets to peacefully demand electoral reforms and accountability for corruption.
She is being held in solitary confinement after being charged under Malaysia’s Security Offences (Special Measures) Act, or Sosma.
The Sedition Act and Sosma are repressive laws that have been increasingly favoured by Malaysian authorities as tools to silence and punish dissenting voices.
For more information please call Amnesty International's press office in London, UK, on
44 20 7413 5566 or 44 (0) 777 847 2126
International Secretariat, Amnesty International, 1 Easton St., London WC1X 0DW, UK
Saturday, November 26, 2016
Fidel de Castro (Biran 13/8/1926 - Santiago de Cuba 25/11/2016) em Caricatura
Adan Iglesias Toledo
António Rodrigues Garcia
Luiz Carlos Fernandes
Regulation Of XX INTERNATIONAL BIENNIAL OF GRAPHIC HUMOR CUBA 2017
The circle of comic artists and cartoonists of The Cuban Journalists Union and the San Antonio de los Baños Humor Museum, call for the XX International Biennial of Graphic Humor, Cuba 2017, which will take place from April 2nd to April 5th, 2017 co-sponsored by the Artemisa Province Culture Direction.
ABOUT THE GRAPHIC HUMOR CONTEST
The participation in the contest is open to all graphic artists. They can compete with free theme sending original artwork or digitally processed (printed and signed by the author) with a maximum format of 30 x 40 cm. It is possible to compete in:
-"Tomy" Online Award of political humor (in memory of the caricaturist Tomas Rodriguez Zayas) that in this occasion will focus on "Perspectives from the South" (300dpi JPG)
Each author can send one work by each category, besides Tomy Online Award.
In the reverse of the original on paper or cardboard, participants should specify the following information about the author:
-Full name and artistic signature
The same personal information must accompany the message of the works sent by e-mail for the Tomy Online Award, specified from the subject and the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The works made on paper or cardboard, conveniently packaged will be received until
January 31st, 2017 at:
Unión de Periodistas de Cuba (Upec)
XX Bienal Internacional de Humorismo Gráfico
Calle 23 no. 452, Vedado, Cuba. CP 10 400
Teléfonos: (53) 7832- 37 22/ (53) 7832-45 59 ext. 116
The admission jury will select the works presented for the contest that will be exhibited at the XX International Exhibition of Graphic Humor from San Antonio de los Baños.
The international jury is integrated by prestigious persons from the graphic humor will award the prizes whose decision will be final.
-Eduardo Abela Prize, the greatest award of the contest in honor of the outstanding Cuban caricaturist (1889-1965) consisting of a diploma and 1000 cuc.
-1st-2nd and 3nd Prizes in each category and whatever mentions the jury considers consisting of Diplomas.
-Online Tomy Prize consisting of a diploma and a reproduction of Tomy´s work.
As a tradition several cultural and social Cuban institutions join the contest and present collateral prizes.