Sunday, July 19, 2009

Goodbye BEDAIWI by Pharaohs Magazine




PHARAOHS - Cartoon Magazine Published in Cairo by F E C O – Egypt Issue 74 June 2009
Goodbye Bedaiwi

"The satire cartoon draws a smile.. even if it was for few moments; also it has the ability to enlighten the black side of the world which suffers from violence.” Bedaiwi


R I P Bedaiwi has passed Away
Sami Mohamed Ali Badaiwi, best known as BEDAIWI, has passed away last June, after he was transferred to the hospital After Suffering from Heart Problems. Bedaiwi was a political cartoonist who enriched the Egyptian Press with his strong political cartoons, which were mostly without any comments. He joined the team of "October magazine of Dar al-Ma’aref” in 1998. Bedaiwi was discovered by the Legendary Hassan Hakem, who introduced him to the press through the pages of Caricature magazine on its first edition. Bedaiwi was an active member of FECO group of Egypt and the Egyptian Association of Caricature. He participated and took part locally and internationally in the most important cartoon events; he also won several cartoon awards. The artist has published couple of books in 2003 and 2009. I can say that we really lost one of the foundation stones of the middle generation of the Egyptian cartoonists. I am heartbroken for his children who I know they were everything to him and for his family. This is such a massive loss on so many levels. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust and may god bless his soul.
Magazine Staff
http://www.bedaiwi.net/

A Real Brother!
With more pain and sadness I mourns a real brother, friend and colleague .. Our very own FECO member Bedaiwi who passed away suddenly few days ago. His death was the will of God and it was as a shock to all of his lovers and fans. I pray and ask for him mercy and forgiveness and to his family patience and solace .. May his soul rest in eternal peace.
Effat
President FECO group of Egypt

Goodbye Bedaiwi Artist & Human
From my office at Al-Ahram newspaper, I have few hours left for me in Cairo, Egypt .. Yes that’s right .. because simply I’m moving to the US for good and who knows when I’ll return back for a I ll vacation? That’s why I change my destination to October magazine after I received a phone call from my friend Bedaiwi. It was a great chance to visit him at his office for the first time in my life and in the same time to say a Good Bye. No one between us knew that’s this meeting is our last meeting ever, but I remember very well we spent more then three hours talking about cartoons, cartoonists and my future plans in the US. I knew Bedaiwi since his
early start as a cartoonist; I knew how much he’s ambitious and I knew that his life wasn’t that sweet and dandy. But also I knew that everything he did in his life and in his carrier was a target in the beginning and he spends the time and effort until he reaches it. So the success in his life has a great value. I remember the way he was talking about his first car he owned it was a little Italian made vehicle model FIAT 127. He was very proud to have this car that saved him from Cairo’s crowded traffic, because simply owned a car is also a target for this simple person. Now I understand why Bedaiwi was that active and ambitious person!
Tame Youssef
Vice President
FECO group of Egypt

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?