Thursday, June 10, 2021
International Cartoon Competition, Talide 2021, Germany
Corruption is one of the major hurdles to socio-economic development worldwide. Corruption imposes huge burdens on society and on the natural world. Private interests are prioritized to the detriment of the public at large, because corruption diverts financial resources intended for socio-economic development Poverty and social inequalities are growing due to the distortion of income distribution, and because of spending decisions that are very much influenced by corrupt practices. Corruption has many faces and dimensions: bribery, embezzlement, the illegal financing of political parties, tax evasion, as well as many other examples.
We are therefore seeking YOU and YOUR satirical and critical insights about corruption, which use humor to increase our awareness of corruption, and educate society about its harmful effects.
1. The title of this competition for cartoons and caricatures is: “Corruption and Development”.
2. The call for entries is directed towards all cartoonists.
3. Closing date for submission. The work must be sent to TALIDE e.V. by 30.06.2021 by email with the subject of email “Cartoons Submission”to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by post to the following address: TALIDE e.V., Waldemarstraße 33, 18057 Rostock, Germany.
The date of the postmark applies. Submissions must be labeled “Just explain it simply” on the envelope.
4. Each participant can send in up to three works, caricatures or cartoons.
5. The work must be an original. They must not have been submitted to other competitions. Any captions must be in German, Spanish or English.
6. Only the author’s own works are permitted.
7. The maximum size of the works is: A4 (210 x 297 mm).
8. The works must not be framed. The technique is freely selectable.
9. Image data are to be sent as a JPG file in 300 dpi between 1MB and a maximum of 15MB.
10. Name, address, e-mail contact and telephone number of the artist must be given in the e-mail or in the mail.
11. Include a short biography (one A4 page maximum) and a photo or a self-caricature of the author.
12. The winners will be determined by an independent jury.
13. Three prizes are awarded, which are graded as follows:
1st prize: 1.000 Euros.
2nd prize: 500 Euros.
3rd prize: 300 Euros.
14. The three winning artworks will become the property of the competition organizers.
15. Originals will only be sent back if indicated by the artist. In this case, enclose an envelope and sufficient postage to return your submission.
16. Selected Works are exhibited.
A competition catalog will also be published, and every artist whose work is shown in the exhibition or in the catalog will receive a free specimen copy of the catalog.
17. Participants in the competition grant permission for the use of the proposed artworks in the competition organizer’s own publications, and for publications related to the competition.
18. In submitting their work participants automatically agree to the competitions terms and conditions.
PLEASE NOTE: This also includes permission for their work to be exhibited and printed in the competitions catalogue as well as to be used by TALIDE e.V.
19. The participants are required to ensure that the content of the submitted work does not contravene laws regarding copyright, competition regulations, child welfare, trademark law or other industrial property rights as well as personal rights of third parties.
20. The organisers reserve the right to amend the terms and conditions.
The competition organisers have the right to cancel the competition at any time as well as to modify and modify the competition or change the prize should the competition not be feasible in the intended manner.
21. The participant agrees to make no legal claims against the competition organizers.
For more information: https://www.cartoons-talide.de